Darth Maul Me Sweepstakes on Twitter Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
Entrants do not have to purchase any products to enter or win.
This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States and D.C., excluding Puerto Rico, 18 years of age or older as of the day on which they enter. Void outside the U.S. and where prohibited, or otherwise restricted by law. Subject to all federal, state and local laws.
The Darth Maul Me Sweepstakes on Twitter (the "Sweepstakes") begins on February 15, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time ("EST") and ends on February 19, 2012 at 10:00 p.m. EST (the "Sweepstakes Period"). The Sweepstakes consists of followers tweeting their photos created using the Darth Maul Me app or web based game (http://www.starwars.com/play/online-activities/darth-maul-me/) @verizonwireless. One (1) winner will be selected each day for five (5) days. The winners will be randomly selected from all followers that tweeted their Darth Maul Me photos @verizonwireless each day. Entry period each day is from 10:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time ("EST") to 10:00 p.m. EST.
1. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes entrants must do the following:
To participate, entrants must download the free Darth Maul Me application from Android Market or App Store and use the app to turn a new or existing photo into Darth Maul. Entrants may also access a web based Darth Maul Me game on the Star Wars website at http://www.starwars.com/play/online-activities/darth-maul-me/. Pictures made using the application or the web based client are valid for entry into the sweepstakes. Entrants must also follow @verizonwireless on Twitter and tweet their photo from the Darth Maul Me application or web based game @verizonwireless. The tweet @verizonwireless containing the photo must also contain the hash tag #DarthMaulMe.
To be eligible, the Tweet must be public and the entrant must be following @verizonwireless (to enable direct message winner notification). More than one "answer Tweet" entry per @verizonwireless Tweet is permissible.
Each day, one (1) winner will be selected from the submissions received between 10:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time ("EST") and 10:00 p.m. EST that day. Submissions will only be considered from within the entry hours on each individual day of the promotion. Submissions from days prior will not be considered in the daily winner selection.
2. Tweet Submission Requirements:
Each entrant represents and warrants that the Tweet submission is the sole and exclusive property of the entrant and that the Tweet submissions shall not:
All entries become the sole property of Verizon ("Sweepstakes Entity"), and receipt of such entries will not be acknowledged. Incomplete entries are void. Any individual who attempts or otherwise encourages, directly or indirectly, the entry of multiple or false contact information under multiple identities, by wireless phone, or uses any device or artifice to enter or encourage, directly or indirectly, multiple or false entries, as determined by the Sweepstakes Entity, will be disqualified. Lost, illegible, or incomplete entries will be deemed ineligible and disqualified. Sweepstakes Entity reserves the right to reject any Tweets submitted in connection with the Sweepstakes for any reason, and any Tweets so rejected will not be entered in the Sweepstakes.
In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same online entry account, you will be required to provide the name of the authorized subscriber of the online entry account at the time of entry and that person will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. In such case, online entry information will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the telephone number/email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a telephone number/email address by a telephone company, wireless service provider, Internet access provider, Internet service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses, telephone numbers or wireless phone numbers for the telephone exchange associated with the submitted telephone number/email address or the domain associated with the submitted telephone, as applicable. Sweepstakes Entity and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates and prize fulfillers are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, or damaged entries or for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to play or ID the Tweet submitted by the user, or by any human error that may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes.
If for any reason (including infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond reasonable control of Sweepstakes Entity and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates, that corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes), the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as described in these Official Rules, Sweepstakes Entity shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes, and select the prize winners from entries received prior to action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sweepstakes Entity. Sweepstakes Entity reserves the right to prosecute any fraudulent entries to the fullest extent of the law. At the Sweepstakes Entity’s sole discretion, Sweepstakes winners and their guests may be disqualified at any time. Limit of one prize per person.
3. Selection of Winner and Prize: Prize winner(s) will be selected in a random drawing on or about the days of February 16, 2012 – February 21, 2012. Drawing pool will consist of all eligible entries received during The Sweepstakes Period only. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The winner(s) will be notified by Tweet and direct messaged after Sweepstakes Period ends via Twitter. The decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Winner(s) must respond to such notification within two (2) hours after the notification is sent or an alternate winner(s) may be selected from the remaining eligible entries. The prize will be awarded to the entrant whose Twitter account was used to enter the Sweepstakes. Winner may be required to provide proof of eligibility. Prizing fulfillment may take up to 30 days.
Prize: For the Sweepstakes, there will be a total of five (5) grand prize winners. Each winner will be awarded an LG Spectrum handset (Verizon service is not included, the prize is the device only). Each winner will be Direct Messaged on Twitter and will be instructed to provide general contact information. General contact information shall be used for the sole purpose of verifying identity and delivery of prize. The approximate retail value of the grand prize is $589.99. (Total APR: $2,949.95).
Prizes are non-transferable, non-assignable, and not redeemable for cash. Sweepstakes Entity, in their discretion, may substitute a prize (or prize component) of equal or greater value for any reason. Winner of prize will be responsible for activation fees, monthly access and service fees. Prize is subject to Verizon Wireless Customer Agreement, Calling Plan and Data package, and all applicable fees and taxes associated with prize receipt and use. Winner of prize must have a U.S. mailing address. Prize cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes outside of the U.S.
4. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees of Verizon, Tribal Brands, LG Electronics MobileComm U.S.A., Inc., Lucasfilms or any of their respective parent and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, prize fulfiller, advertising and promotional agencies and any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes and the immediate families (parent, siblings, children and spouse) and persons residing in the same household (whether related or not) of such employees are not eligible to enter or win. Void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, anywhere outside of the U.S., and where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law.
5. General: By entering, all entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sweepstakes Entity, which shall be final and binding. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant grants to Sweepstakes Entity the right to use entrant's name, likeness, image, voice, hometown, and biographical information in advertising, trade and promotion, including on the Internet or via wireless application protocol, without further notice, compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law. Prize winners may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, 1099 Tax Form, Publicity Consent, and Liability Release, where lawful, or prize may be forfeited.
If the potential prize winner is a minor in his or her state of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to execute the Affidavit acknowledging, confirming and consenting to the Eligibility and/Publicity/Liability/Travel Release. If parent or guardian is unavailable to execute this Affidavit, an alternate winner will be selected. All taxes and any other expenses on the receipt and use of prize are solely the responsibility of the winner.
Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. The use of automated entry devices or any other conduct that impedes the integrity of the Sweepstakes is prohibited. The Sweepstakes shall be construed only according to U.S laws. This Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the state of New Jersey without regard to its conflict of laws provision.
6. Indemnification: By entering, each entrant agrees to release, hold harmless and indemnify Verizon, Verizon Wireless, Tribal Brands, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, contractors, directors, officers, governors, employees, prize fulfillers and agents against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described or now known or hereafter arising), with respect to or arising out of either (i) entrant's participation; or (ii) the receipt or use of the prizes awarded in the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to any claims for damage to property, personal injury, death or claims based on defamation, rights of privacy, rights of publicity or merchandise delivery. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the entrant ineligible. Sweepstakes Entity are not responsible for printing errors in these Official Rules or any Sweepstakes materials.
7. Rights in Submissions: By submitting a Tweet for this Sweepstakes, each entrant hereby grants to the Sweepstakes Entity the exclusive, irrevocable, fully paid, universal license to use, copy, sublicense, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publish, delete, change, modify, edit, alter, distort or display such Tweet, or any portion thereof, in any media now known or hereafter devised. Each entrant authorizes the Sweepstakes Entity, and any entities affiliated or in privity with the Sweepstakes Entity, to utilize, for eternity and in any manner the Sweepstakes Entity sees fit, and to make derivative works from such materials. Each entrant agrees that the results and proceeds of such use shall become the property of Sweepstakes Entity and shall be freely assignable by Sweepstakes Entity, and that Sweepstakes Entity and its assignees and licensees shall have no obligations whatsoever to entrant. Each entrant agrees and acknowledges that participation in the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the entrant’s decision to provide the entrant’s Twitter submission to Sweepstakes Entity for purposes of the Sweepstakes, shall not give rise to any confidential, fiduciary, implied-in-fact, implied-in-law, or other special relationship between the Sweepstakes Entity and entrant, does not place the Sweepstakes Entity in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to elements to the entrant’s video submission, and that only contracts, express or implied, between the Sweepstakes Entity and entrant is as set forth in these Official Rules and the release forms. Each entrant a) acknowledges that he/she has no right of notice, review or approval of any such use of the Tweet; b) warrants and represents that entrant has received all rights, releases and permissions which may be necessary from the photographer and participants of the entry to grant this license for the use of the Tweet as stated; and (c) shall provide specific written consent to any use granted above upon request of Sponsor.
8. Winners’ List and Official Rules: Each entrant may request the names of winners and official rules by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope by July 10, 2012, to: Darth Maul Me Sweepstakes on Twitter Rules c/o Sweepstakes Department, Tribal Brands, 400 S. El Camino, Suite 850, San Mateo, CA 94402. VT residents may omit postage.
9. Sponsor: Verizon, One Verizon Way, Basking Ridge, New Jersey 07920.
LG Electronics MobileComm U.S.A., Inc. is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes, but is solely a prize fulfiller.